git has an auto-correct flag
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
Another very quick one – I just watched one of our weekly team calls and my new colleague Tilde shared that git has an auto correct feature. Very useful. 👌
For now I'm running with the following config which gives me four seconds of time to cancel if the correction is not what I want.
[help] autocorrect = 40
If you want to learn more have a look at the git docs.
- How to apply directory dependent git configuration using conditional imports
- How to add a directory but ignore included files in git
- A git alias to show a detailed git branch overview
- How to use git's file diff outside of git repositories
- git commit accepts several message flags (-m) to allow multiline commits