How to read an entire document using VoiceOver
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
I tested my site with VoiceOver (the screen reader on macOS) today to find out if pages include accessibility issues. Usually, I navigate my site with the tab key to see if the focus order is correct and then navigate from element to element to check paragraphs, images and other HTML elements.
Today I discovered a new command/shortcut! You can press
^⌥a, and VoiceOver takes over to read the entire document. Start at the top, hit the keys, close your eyes and hear if everything makes sense!
Read more about VoiceOver commands in the Apple documentation.
- How to access the your sites' Google cache from the URL bar
- Input-wrapping labels are not supported by Dragon
- How to visualize the tab order without using an extension in Firefox
- How to find all internal pages in Chromiums and Firefox
- How to define Open Graph / Twitter image alt text (and why it might not matter...)