How to start using all the aliases you set up (and forgot)
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
How many shell aliases do you have set up on your machine? I have set up quite a few general and git aliases in my config files and must admit that I still run
npm install or
git add because the aliases didn't make it into my muscle memory.
The plugin alias-tips can help with that. It parses your commands and tells you to save some keystrokes and use the alias instead. It's beautiful!
See it in action below. 👇
- How to run copied CLI commands with a leading "$" sign
- How parameter expansion helps to not accidentally delete all the files on your machine
- A custom "dev" command with auto-completion
- How to list all open GitHub pull requests and select one on the command line
- A terminal script to get notified when macOS changes its appearance (dark/light mode)