Monthly Digest February 2020
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
I hope you're all well in this bizarre world full of viruses.
This month was surprisingly busy, and I have some personal news to share next month. For now, though, I'll have to keep it quiet. 🙈 (I'm super excited)
So, let me share some tech stuff!
New year – new talk season. Yesterday I gave a new talk for the first time at FrankenJS! 🎉 "Did we(b development) lose the right direction?" questions if the best practices we're following today are that good?
There is no recorded version of the talk yet, but you can already peak at the slides.
- In-Browser Performance Linting With Feature Policies
- Tools and developer habits
- How Tracking My Excuses Helped Me Stop Making Them
- HeroIcons – A set of free MIT-licensed high-quality SVG icons for UI development
- Fastify – Fast and low overhead web framework, for Node.js
- one-on-one – A template for a weekly 1:1 repo
- The macOS screenshot area is draggable [macOS]
- How to quickly fail bash scripts using set [Bash]
- button elements offer attributes to change form behavior [HTML]
- Shareable text fragments in the web [web]
- Ordinal numbers with
excludemagic word/signature in git [git]
Patrick McKenzie is a developer, founder and entrepreneur. His talk "Your first 60 days" gives valuable advice on how to start a company. But that's not all – lots of his ideas also apply for monetizing side projects. Highly recommended!
The quickest way to ruin the productivity of a small company is to have it adopt the practices of a large company.
by David Heinemeier Hansson (dhh)
When I'm traveling somewhere, and I want to focus, I sometimes listen to a Spotify playlist of piano covers. This month the fancy cover "Dance Monkey" by Benny Garner made me swing a little. 🎉
And that's it for the content of February 2020, friends! 🎉 👋
Have a great March (and stay safe)!
And if you have any feedback about this newsletter, please let me know.
Yes? Cool! You might want to check out the email version. The last edition went out 14 days ago.