Online RSS readers send follower counts in their user agent string
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
Short and sweet. Darek Kay shared that you can figure out how many people are subscribed to your blog's RSS feed. When Inoreader, Feedbin or Feedly query the feed, they'll include a subscriber count in the user agent header.
"GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; inoreader.com; 9 subscribers)" "GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Feedbin feed-id:1524967 - 5 subscribers" "GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Feedly/1.0 (+http://www.feedly.com/fetcher.html; 16 subscribers; like FeedFetcher-Google)"
My site runs on Netlify, and unfortunately, I don't have the setup to parse logs, but I'm intrigued to set this up. 🙈
- How to discard tabs to save resources in Chrome, Edge and Firefox
- How to focus an already open browser tab (Chromium and macOS)
- How to access the your sites' Google cache from the URL bar
- How to visualize the tab order without using an extension in Firefox
- How to find all internal pages in Chromiums and Firefox