Online RSS readers send follower counts in their user agent string
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
Short and sweet. Darek Kay shared that you can figure out how many people are subscribed to your blog's RSS feed. When Inoreader, Feedbin or Feedly query the feed, they'll include a subscriber count in the user agent header.
"GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; inoreader.com; 9 subscribers)" "GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Feedbin feed-id:1524967 - 5 subscribers" "GET /atom.xml" 304 0 "Feedly/1.0 (+http://www.feedly.com/fetcher.html; 16 subscribers; like FeedFetcher-Google)"
My site runs on Netlify, and unfortunately, I don't have the setup to parse logs, but I'm intrigued to set this up. 🙈
- "HTML End Tag Labels" – a useful VSCode extension to navigate HTML
- github1s – open any GitHub repository in VS Code in your browser
- iTerm2 offers a way to notify you when a long-running command has finished
- Tips and tricks to navigate your project files in VS Code
- slowfil.es – a service for slow assets with high priority