github1s – open any GitHub repository in VS Code in your browser
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
Okay, I found something exceptionally cool! Ready?
How often do you browse GitHub, find an exciting project and wished that you could navigate the included source code quickly? GitHub added a lot of shortcuts and stuff over the years, but how great would it be if you could open files side-by-side, cmd-click to jump into a function definition and maybe even use some shortcuts that your fingers type every day?
That all seems to be offered by github1s. Here's how it works. When you're on a GitHub repository
1s to the URL (
github1s.com/someperson/someproject) and boom! Find VS Code in your browser ready to inspect some code. 🤯👏
- Online RSS readers send follower counts in their user agent string
- iTerm2 offers a way to notify you when a long-running command has finished
- Tips and tricks to navigate your project files in VS Code
- slowfil.es – a service for slow assets with high priority
- How to extract images (and media files) from Word and Keynote documents