The hr element is more than a horizontal line
- Published at
- Updated at
- Reading time
You may have use the
hr element for styling when you needed a horizontal line in your designs. Today I came across a tweet by Will Boyd sharing that the
hr elements comes with semantic meaning! 😲
From the spec:
The hr element represents a paragraph-level thematic break, e.g. a scene change in a story, or a transition to another topic within a section of a reference book.
Good to know!
- Automatic hyphenation depends on the defined document language
- Input-wrapping labels are not supported by Dragon
- How to define Open Graph / Twitter image alt text (and why it might not matter...)
- "HTML End Tag Labels" – a useful VSCode extension to navigate HTML
- HTML defines a ping attribute on anchor elements (links)